Re: Re[2]: Lucas?

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Lucas?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:44:20 -0500 with any abuse report
>        that's a new one on me.. never heard anything about amperes
>        being different in any part of the world. .. anyone east of the
>        pond know anything about that?

I am not on that side of the pond, but the way it was explained to me is
that it isn't a difference in the amp, it is a difference in the rating of
the fuse. Sort of like slo-blo fuses vs fast-cting fuses. Sometimes you want
the fuse to blow the instant a certain level of current is exceeded and
sometimes you want it to blow when that current level has become a habit. In
this case, I believe that the british fuse rating is the current level at
which the fuse will suddenly die rather than the american rating of the
current level it can safely carry.
David Lieb