Re: Oil pressure / running..

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure / running..
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:39:45 -0500
Well, it's not a daily driver, if the bearings are shot who cares.
If it takes out a piece of the block one day.. who cares.  I mean
this thing likely has fatal bearing problems as we speak! ;-)  My
approach is not to replace components looking for the problem, I mean
if I have to replace rocker shaft, supports, etc.  why not just do
that with a new engine rather than keep putting new components on a
worn engine waiting for the next thing to go bad.  As to the axle/
bearings it is the sort of thing that could suddenly toss me to the
side of the road, it's easily repaired, it's inexpensive, and once
repaired is the end point of restoration of that component.  Next
time I think about it it I will follow your advice and check the
rockers.

Lester