weird idle [resolve] j4KMf0dZ005144

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: weird idle [resolve] j4KMf0dZ005144
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:38:27 -0700
A while back I was trolling this list looking for help with
a weird idle problem I was having on my bugeye.

Thought it was a heat shield issue.
I was using a single carb HS-2.

Car would idle fine and then it would just slowly
drop idle and it was like the motor was under some sort of
strange load.

Went back to my dual carbs a couple of days ago.

Got them tuned up nicely. But again I still had that weird
issue where the motor would be under a strange load and drop idle when at
a stop light.

Turns out it was my electronic fan!

I know that sounds crazy but when my motor acted up with the weird idle
drop I turned off the fan and it would be fine.

I took the hot lead for the fan and ran it directly off the battery
and it stopped
doing the weird idle load up thing.

Before I had the hot lead to the electronic fan connected to the hot
wire off of the alternator.

This is just weird.