Re: Help please

To: InnHawk@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help please
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:40:44 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I wouldn't necessarily be concerned, but the info on the title doesn't
match the car.

Someone along the way obviously attached a bugeye VIN plate to the car
and used the title from car the VIN plate came from which was a Bugeye.
1961 on the title makes sense since the VIN number is high, but your car
is not a '61. My guess is it's an 1962 HAN6 based on the cockpit molding.

Judging by the relationship of the engine number to the VIN number, the
engine might have come out of that same Bugeye. It is also a possibility
(unlikely but possible) that someone got a blank VIN plate and punched
some numbers on it, but that should be obvious by the condition of the
VIN plate.

There should be metal tags attached to each of the hinge pillars. Just
to satisfy my own curiosity, what are those numbers?

--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/