Re: NLBC-Mercury ad - HELP!!!

To: Allen Hefner <ajhsys@gmail.com>, Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NLBC-Mercury ad - HELP!!!
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:18:06 GMT j4PNLXGa019172
"depression and thoughts of suicide"

Well, Allen...the world is not the happy place it used to be IMHO.

Confucious says...."the fish rots from the
head". And so it does.

Back when I grew up, the average middle
class American family could afford a new
car every 4-5 years. And they usually paid
cash for it or financed it over 6-12 months,
and far more rarely over 18-24 months.

VERY generally speaking, the USA and the
world in general has changed a lot from the world I knew back when. While my
life
has gotten progressivley happier, the world
in general has definitely gone the other way....and locally as well I might
add.

But this is what happens when you lower
standards for minorites to "expediently" handle valid system inequities which
should have been addressed by better education for such minorities to meet
current standards, rather than lowering
standards. You accept less, you get less....

..so, we've done this to ourselves. And we've
also enabled a very generally reduced quality of life by ignoring a very simple
rule.......

"charity begins at home"....you take care
of "your family" FIRST and foremost, then
help others with what's left over, if anything. This includes giving away
national assets for individual corporate
short-term gain. And you don't let every
Tom, Dick and Harry "in" and flood an
already saturated labor market when you
haven't got jobs for those already here.

And you sure as hell don't enable illegal
immigration (nationality notwithstanding)
and supply same with "freebies" under the
foregoing circumstances unless the quality
of life for those already here is of no import. The costs (in personal happiness
of the majority and not only in $$$) of this idiocy are absolutley humungous,
as we're finding out (and about GD time:) and who do you think is paying for
it....not your Congressmen my friends, who kowtow
to whomever/whatever to keep their jobs,
'cause they sure as hell ain't lookin' out for
you, me and average "Joe Citizen" for
sure!!

And of course, personal responsibility is more "out", as "blame" is pinned on
others
or the system is "in".

"The fish rots from the head"

We've no more "quality' leaders. When you
do get one who'll buck/change the system,
they either learn to "go along to get
along" somewhere along the line or, according to recent history, they get
"offed" by whatever means the "too busy to be bothered" public will buy.

Remember how John McCain was originally
such a firebrand?? When John caved in on
his excellent original campaign finance reform bill and allowed it to be
watered down to basic non-existence? Somebody
"talked" to John and explained the facts
of life....he became just another faceless
"K car".

End of rant...back to Spridgets and MY
personal happiness!! But I am "aware"!! :)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog