Re: Working Tranny!

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Working Tranny!
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:18:03 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On May 30, 2005, at 9:34 PM, David Lieb wrote:

> Congratulations, Kevin! Don't you wish there were a better way of
> testing them that did not involve pulling the engine? I have seen ways
> of eliminating the obvious faults, but nothing that substitutes for
> actually driving with it.

David,

Thanks!

I was toying with the idea of building a test frame using the front end
of a spridget.  Actually I think Peter C. suggested this at one time.

It's just been easier to put the "tranny in question" in a car and
actually drive it.  I check them by removing the side plate and
inspecting the innards while spinning the input and selecting each
gear, but this is a haphazard inspection, at best.

Yes - I wish there were and easier/better way!

Kevin V.