Re: unisyn or pointy thingys

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: unisyn or pointy thingys
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:07:59 GMT j4VC7wWG010480
"Pointy things"?

I think you're thinking of two of Danica's
physical attributes, Dave....or at least one
pair, anyway. Helluva driver and good lookin', too. Great combination!! :):)

Actually, those pointy things are part of the
infamous "SU carb kit" which comes with a
little hex wrench for adjusting mixture along with a jet centering device.

While I do not consider myself audio challenged there's enough noise in there
without me having to listen for airflow and a temporary "bump" in rpm amidst
all the other noises, including those of my 1.5 rollers running .018"
clearances...thus my preference for "visual" indications in these respects.
However, whatever works for YOU
is best. Besides, "hissing" hoses remind me
of snakes...not my favorite creature amidst
God's creations! (Sorry, Bradman:).

And I agree that "close enough for
government work" is all that is required for
the daily driver in terms of "balancing" considering we're not serious racers
lookin'
for that last HP or lb. of torque.

I'm using a "Carbalancer" right now (got it on sale for relative peanuts) for
for visual airflow and it seems to work as
well as the Unisyn.

Cap'n Bob
Balanced Frog