Springs

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Springs
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:41:38 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
A couple weeks ago I broke the main leaf of one of my rear springs as I was
peacefully driving along. I had a spare set I had glommed onto from a 1970
Midget, so I pulled the offending spring and immediately realized that the
spare springs had WAY too much arch and looked to have been intended for a
1500, despite the fact that I pulled them off of a 1970. Happens. So, I went
ahead and replaced both springs. Works fine, but I am sitting about an inch
and a half higher than before (as I would expect from 1500 springs) and
there is a clamp right by the edge of my A008R tires that I would rather not
have. (Aren't you glad that I hadn't figured out how to ship them to you
yet, Kate?)

I just had a back-to-back autocross weekend at the Tire Rack facility in
South Bend, Indiana. Lots of fun, but I sure wished my car's tail was not so
high in the air. SO I guess I am going to have to get other springs. The
question I have for you folks is in regards to the "lowered" springs
available; Are they any good?
Should I get front ones, too?
Is the car un-streetable if you do this?
Is there another question I am forgetting to ask?
David Lieb