Bugeye/Mk2 parking brake Q.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye/Mk2 parking brake Q.
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:55:06 -0500
How in the heck does the parking brake work on an early Sprite? Not the
handle/cable/rods, but the lever on the rear wheel cylinder? My cylinders are
all seized up, hard to make sense out of what the lever is supposed to do.
Does it tie in to the sliding mounting of the cylinders, or is that just for
normal equalization when stopping?
The guy I bought it from (some prior owner) had another spring mounted to the
pivot assembly, other end I believe went to a nut for mounting the gas tank.
Does this signal some problem? I was hoping just too lazy to lube the cable or
pivot. The spring inside the brake assembly I assume should be all that's
neccesary to release the parking brake.
Dan