Heater Tap--Internal Washer.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Tap--Internal Washer.
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:19:54 -0400
    Thanks to all for the advice on the heater valve and the stuck thermostat
elbow. I used some heat and broke the elbow free of two of the studs. The
third one (of course, it was the one in the back) wouldn`t budge. So I used
the Dremel with a cutting disc to shave off the elbow tower. One tedious
sliver at a time. The  thing didn`t give up till I had half of the stud
exposed. But it`s done now.
     I don`t know how I got along without the Dremel. Or those lifetime
Craftsman screwdrivers I screwed up trying to pry that elbow off.
    The Moss replacement elbow is actually pretty good. Made in China, but it
fits well and looks like the original, down to the number on top.
      The thermostat in there turned out to be the early deep type. I thought
it was the original, but it was made in Nashville Tn. "Fulton Syphon" brand,
it says. A relic. I`ll bet it`s been in there 30 years or more. How it still
worked beats me. Stuck open, I suppose.
      What a pain that was. At least I`m getting the engine bay cleaned up and
that bypass hose changed and more annotations for my manual. Have you noticed
that the new bottom hoses don`t fit so well? I have three. Different brands.
Each has it`s own version of not fitting. Was I the one who made the crack
about getting a Miata if you don`t like adventure? How many carbs in a plate
of words...

Cheers,

Bert.