Re: no lbc. idiots loose in the world

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: no lbc. idiots loose in the world
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:25:33 GMT j5HAPRqs000843
Cc: William Thompson <willy1959@gmail.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ya' know.....

I believe you, Jim. I've watched the dumbing down of America over the last
30 years or so and the loss of "quality"
as we lower standards to embrace minority
interests, rather than better motivating minorities and creating better
educational
systems to bring same up to existing standards.

I watched this happen in the airline industry with MOSTLY non-Federally
certificated employees as the airline industry went de-regulated. Among
the Federally certificated employees
are a bunch of United co-pilots taken in
under a "quota" system used years ago
under threat of EEOC legal action wherein
those resprenting certain minorites, while meeting minimum Federal standards for
the entry position of 2nd or 1st Officer
will forever be First Officers (co-pilots) because they couldn't meet Federally
approved Company standards to make
the Captain's seat....after flying the airplane
they were tested on for +-13 years as co-pilots!!! This "system" is long gone,
BTW.

But you know, Congress does dumb things
to please people so as to garner votes and
keep their jobs. Thus, trust them to act with "expediency" rather than the
country's
general "long-term well-being" as the priority.

But what else should one expect of
a goverment spending billions on "Homeland Security" while selectively
refusing to enforce it's own immigration laws in this era of Global Terrorism by
WMD!!! How dumb is this??!

Obligatory LBC content......
My Frogeye is running very well thank you,
although it is now mandatory to use
premium in summer temperatures
since I raised the compression ratio to nearly 9.8-1. Oh well, a small price to
pay
for "snappier" performance! :)