Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long

To: bmwwxman@gmail.com, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:28:53 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgesprite@yahoogroups.com
To me an optimistic view on the situation might be that you really broke
something on the linkage (internal or external) more than the tranny itself.
The
way you say it wouldn't go into gear and now you can move it through all of
them - maybe the trans itself is just sitting in neutral and the problem is
that
the gearshift is not moving the shifting forks.  If this trans is like I
think the shifter goes in near the tailshaft and its decisions move down a rod
into the trans and you never know, maybe the problem's just there and your
trans
is sitting there healthy just wondering why you're not telling it to do
anything.

Hope so, good luck and let us know.

Mark M