Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator.

To: lbcs@earthlink.net, pythias@pacifier.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:51:36 EDT
Amen brother, I have conducted the same experiment buying the cheap one with
4 different names and breaking all within a day.  Congress should investigate.
 I got the Holley through Summit's website and haven't dealt with the issue
since. It pissed me off a little that it had slightly weird input threads (you
could run a sewer main into the freakin thing so it's a job to step down to
fuel line) and no fittings or plugs for the blanks, but I did get through that
for a few more bucks and a trip to the speed shop so if you're picking one up
at a shop open the box and buy the addit. stuff you need before you leave.  One
additional thought, if you use the range of the adjustment screw as a guide
you can estimate the pressure well without a guage (if it goes from one to five
in one turn a quarter turn from closed is 2lbs, etc.) The guage is good to
have but not hard to live without unless you're racing or NASA.

Mark M.