Thank You St. Lockheed

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank You St. Lockheed
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:44:05 -0500
Patron Saint of single-circuit brake systems for prayers answered........
Oh, and you guys too. Here's where I'm at:
Locked all 4 wheels with the adjusters, pedal is nice and high every time.
Bled system to get questionable fluid (the stuff I kept recycling back
through) out of the system.
Went through the brake adjustment again, the fronts were way too loose. NOW
the second stroke give it maybe 1/2" higher pedal. First stroke is about 3.75"
from the floor, second is about 4.25".
Again the first stroke is FIRM, just a little lower. Thinking along the lines
of David Liebs email where he had something similar caused by out of spec
drums, I admit I never measured them. I need to get to the point where I can
drive it and see what I think, also getting the new shoes bedded in and
readjusting may improve things also I think.
Also thanks to whoever it was that suggested using a tap to remove the pilot
bearing. Today the engine and body are closer than they have been for a few
years, engine is actually IN the garage! Pilot bearing came out no problem at
all with the tap.
Dan