Re: ANOTHER Tranny swap

To: KrkLH@cs.com, kevin@valentinephoto.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ANOTHER Tranny swap
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 13:20:38 GMT j69DKAaS009119
Kirk...

....while I have reviewed all the factory spec
sheets for Special Tuning, etc., I can't recall
seeing an alternative gear for 4th. I believe
the '75 15oo's had the same 3.9 ratio as
1275's, while later ones used the more lightly constructed 3.7's (still a tough
unit...
I've been running one in tuned 1275's for
years). A 3.55 R&P is also available from VB.
Not cheap but this is sorta a "one off" once
in a lifetime sorta buy.

I found the 3.7 diff matched with a
stock 1098 "CC" had adequate pulling power at 65 with a Datsun 5 speed and
would assume a 948 with ribcase
ratios would manage (for cruise on flat
ground) OK in similiar circumstances and
would do fine in the intermediate ratios
assuming you weren't in any great hurry! :)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog