RE: Fuel pressure regulator

To: "'R. Glenn Cummins'" <glenncummins@comcast.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel pressure regulator
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 20:03:23 -0500
Hello Glenn,

My advice is to stay away from the cheapo "Mr. Gasket", "Spectre",
"Purolator", "NAPA" etc.  They all look the same, and I assume they are made
in the same factory somewhere overseas...  Have a big dial that is marked in
PSI.  I went through three in 2 days.  They either leaked, shut off the fuel
flow completely, or did not regulate.  I have also heard from others that
this type has a tendency to "stick" shut when not used regularly and they
severely restrict flow at high RPMS

Holley makes a nice one that is relatively inexpensive P/N #12-804 - ~$25.00
, but you also need to buy a gauge to see where is set.  I think I spent a
little under $50.00 on everything, including the gauge.  It has worked
flawlessly since it was installed.

Bill Miller