RE: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> j6BM1lje029762
Subject: RE: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:05:58 -0500
Hi All, just a quickie comment about the front brake "upgrade"
thread....I did it on my Mk2 Sprite.  It's not quite a bolt on job but
the only machining I had to do was with a 4" grinder and a small air cut
off tool.  Lotsa details here, but not too difficult to do at home.
Does it work well....is it worth the effort??  Sorta depends on the type
of driving you like to do.  I do a bit of "spirited" driving thru the
Arkansas Ozarks so I'd declare the conversion was well worth my time.
The same pedal pressure gives a definitely quicker stop.  I like that!!
Just remember that your rear brakes are still part of the stopping
equation too.  On the other hand, the more placid drivers among us
probably wouldn't realize much benefit from the conversion.  All this is
just in my humble opinion.....
Jack