Audio Q, tunes for my midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Audio Q, tunes for my midget
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:43:41 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Ok guys, I have a question. I found among my piles of parts an old JVC
cassette deck my brother had in his Firebird about 10-12 years ago. I've
hooked it up to power and speakers and  it still works. I figure though
that the power output is not that high.

Now I also have a 4 channel 320W Kenwood amp (80W x 4), that has input
sensitivity adjustment for signals from 300mV up to ~4V. Question is,
does anyone know what voltage the speaker outs from a typical car stereo
are? Can I hook the speaker wires directlyu to the input of the amp? I
figure that this old unit probably puts out at mnost 15W per channel,
and it has no preamp outs.

Thaks as always!

-=Chris

Chris King