Re: PA Rally

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PA Rally
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:47:15 -0500 reply-type=response with any abuse report
Frank,
My starter problem was not dirt on the shaft. Now that I have extracted it
(and replaced it with a spare), I can see that the problem is that the gear
itself has separated from the inertia weight. Thus it eventually works and
starts the car on the second or third try, but the weight retracts and
leaves the gear engaged for a few seconds. Does not appear to have caused
any significant damage and I will have no trouble taking the Idget to the
club meeting tonight. Is there any easy way of removing the bendix assembly
to swap it with the one on the starter that won't spin? I have found a
couple that don't work ...
David Lieb