Re: In deep doo-doo; clutch fork is bent - CAN BE BENT AND STRAIGHTENED

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: In deep doo-doo; clutch fork is bent - CAN BE BENT AND STRAIGHTENED
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:10:11 -0700 reply-type=original
Grunts, groans?  Pipe was too short.

I was torquing the main bearing bolts on a motor a few weeks ago, and since
it was still just a nekkid block, it was a pain to grip it tight enough to
easily reach proper torque.  I noticed a chunk of left-over 1.5"dowel about
3 feet long in the scrap pile and that it fit nicely into the cam bore.
Between the long handles of the torque wrench and the dowel, it was no
strain at all.  As I get older, I'd rather think hard than work hard.

Glen