Dash update and a couple quick questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash update and a couple quick questions
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:12:45 -0500
Here is a link to 4 pics of the dash getting recovered:
http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/Sprite-Portfolio?page=6
Went fairly well. Even a stock dash with the thin original "Vynide" covering
has a few wrinkles on the complex corners on each side. Mine turned out about
the same, maybe a little better, but I wasn't on the clock when I did it! A
couple areas look more like "stretch marks" than actual wrinkles. Anyways, I'm
real happy with the results, thanks to Peter C for loaning me an original dash
to study how it was done originally, BIG help. I'll put the holes in next.
2 questons:
The steering wheel is going to need some restoring. Eastwood sells a
restoration
kit:http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemType=PRODUC
T&RS=1&itemID=2569&keyword=52194Z
wondering if anyone here has tried that, any comments appreciated. Also after
doing this do you need to use a special paint, like an epoxy or Imron paint?
Second, on some of the brightwork, is that anything that can be done on the
cheap? I think that's anodized, so to have it look right, I'm thinking the
small corner pieces behind the door may need to be restored professionally.
Dan