Re: speedometer trick

To: "Jerry Goodman" <jerry.goodman@comcast.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: speedometer trick
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:02:22 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> Just did a buy-it-now on ebay for NEW Sigma BC1200  $14.15 plus $6 s&h
> I'll let you know how it works

Heck, I have been using a Sigma Sport BC1200 for the last 16 months. I
mentioned it last year when I put it in, too, but no one seemed to care. It
is a 2.5 digit device, meaning that it will read up to 199 units (mph or kph
as desired). The settings to accomodate wheel diameter are a bit arcane, but
you only have to do it once, so who cares. As a matter of fact, it will
graciously accept values that equate to a 1/8" diameter at one end of the
scale all the way up to something over 8 feet. Dunno why, either. If you go
this route, just be careful that you set up the magnet in such a way that
the in and out movement of the axle does NOT affect the gap between magnet
and pickup. The other difficulty is finding an elegant way to mount the head
unit. If someone finds one, let me know ;-)
David Lieb
1972 Midget