Sprite on Cover of Vintage Racecar Journal

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite on Cover of Vintage Racecar Journal
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:27:48 -0400
Has anyone seen the September issue of Vintage Racecar?   In addition to
the cover, there are 8 pages of great photos & edit on the 1968
Austin-Healey Sprite Prototype known as the "Mulsanne Sprite."

Wow!  What a car!  I don't ever remember seeing anything about it
before.  But, in addition to being sleek & fast-looking, it IS.  Imagine
a Sprite being capable of 151 MPH!

Way back "when," I bought a new MGB.  My dealer offered me one of the
Sebring Sprites instead.  I said, "no" sight unseen.  And, while not
like this "Mulsanne Sprite,"  they were/are pretty sharp.  But, would
have been entirely impractical for my needs at the time - a daily driver
that included dates with young ladies, one of whom became my
ever-loving, tolerant-of-my-hobbies wife.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner - new Spridget engine on way in.