WAS: gas station NOW: streetcars

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: WAS: gas station NOW: streetcars
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:39:27 -0500
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:23:26 -0500

From William Thompson <willy1959 at gmail.com>

Subject: gas station pic on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7178228363>
&item=7178228363

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:30:56 -0500

From "David Lieb" <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>

Subject: Re: gas station pic on ebay

Waddaya mean you are too young to remember street cars? I am younger than
you and I remember watching the street cars when I was a kid. For that
matter, I saw some in Dayton, OH this past February. They really ARE behind
the times.

David Lieb

1972 RWA Midget

------------------------------

When I moved from Philadelphia in the '90's, they were still running
streetcars. Larry Macy might still be taking one to work!

Interesting aside for Frank Clarici and our other Sino-nippo-phobes:

When "The Authorities" out there looked into replacing the cars on one of
their suburban trolley lines that were still running wooden cars from the
30's (the great Red Arrow Line connecting beautiful Upper Darby with
Norristown, PA), they awarded the contract to Kawasaki.  The other bidder
was Budd Co., which happens to build rail cars and happens to be located in
Philadelphia.  Go figure!

JohnD