Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:44:05 -0500
>From first post:

<<Any suggestions are welcome...>>

A NAME might be nice<G>!!  'Cause NOW I have to respond:

Dear No Thanks:

<<Several have expressed concern for old wires.>>

Maybe yes and maybe no.  But easily remedied!!

<< This may be old news here, but I did find information here:>>

Well, I for one had not seen that page (first one.  Second was not even woth
going to!).

Entire info is (IMHO) bogus.  Although I would suspect LOTS of people try
it/follow it, which is a shame!!

<quote>
After painting, put a double wrap of duct tape over the nipples on the
inside of the wheel to protect your tube.
</quote>

Short of filling tyre up with sand or salt, that is the fastest way to get
tubes to abrade and go flat.

Even as just a hobbiest, my time is more valuable than try what the autor
suggests.
PLUS, my life is a LOT more valuable to me.

Then hes says:

<quote>
If the wheel was a chrome, the heat discoloration will have spoiled the
spoke and the nipple.
</quote>

Maybe I am in never, never land, but I have not seen chrome spokes in over a
decade.

</soapbox>

Sounds like you do have a "find" but only going over it will tell.  Your
"intro" suggests that you DO know what to look for, so go for it!!!

Welcome!!!

Ed

PS:  BTW & FWIW, after having my Chrome W/Ws PROFESSIONALLY done, I have
been close to 80,000 miles on them and they are STILL perfect.  YMMV