Re: Rolled the Midget

To: "'cbking@alum.rpi.edu'" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Rolled the Midget
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:33:05 -0500
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Chris:

Sounds like you came out of it lucky.  You missed the trees!

Amazing how the cards get dealt sometime.

I'll bet the worst part was concern for your wife's safety-especially
afterward, as the whole scene probably has been playing back in your mind
over and over.

Glad you're both "all here."

JohnD

Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 04:39:21 -0700

From "Chris King" <cbking at alum.rpi.edu>

Subject: Rolled the Midget last night..

... Kathy and I are fine. A few scrapes and bruised, but surprisingly we
were able to crawl out of the car oiurselves. I caught the edge of the road
with the right tires, tried to pull the car back on the road, but
overcompensated. We then spun, slid down the road sideways and onto
someone's lawn,  missing two trees in the process, where the tires dug in
and the car rolled. I'm shocked we weren't killed. The seats and the
steering wheel kept the drivers side of the car up enough to get the door
open to crawl out.

Aside from all the glass being broken (all of it - we had the side windows
up because it was a little chilly last night) and the windscreen breaking
from its mountings, the car is surprisingly intact, with a couple of dents
on the right front fender the only body damage.

I came away with a couple of things - first, it reinforces my belief in seat
belts. second, the next spridget WILL have a roll bar.

I'm happy to be alive.

- -=Chris

Chris King

http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/ <http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/>