Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget

To: nanoshark <nanoshark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:47:27 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Parts availability is real good, what with the big LBC specialty
suppliers  (like Moss and VikkiBrit) and the small LBC specialty
suppliers (like JustBrits), and alternators and dizzys from the
usual big-box auto parts places (autozone??).

The rust and rot is more of a problem that the mechanicals for
most of us some-time wrenches. I'd look again at the bondo
and what it's hiding, same for the rockers and the bubbling
wheel wells. What with no separate frame, the rest of
the metal needs to be solid.

I suppose the non-returning clutch could be the springs in the
clutch plate?? But engine and tranny can go in and out pretty
swiftly, esp. compared to modern cars so you can yank it,
fix it, and put it back in a short time.

As to a daily driver, my 72 sees the road pretty much every day,
but we have two Hondas for those times when we must get
there and back in a timely manner.

let us know what you decide.

chuck