Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: intro, buying questions, 69 midget
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:51:01 -0400
My advice is to take a closer look at the body. Paint jobs can hide
quite a bit. Unless you are going to do the body repairs  yourself, I
would keep looking. At the very least, check the floors, the front box
sections in the wheel wells directly behind the front wheels, definitely
check the rockers and the lower A pillars (if it needs rockers it needs
inner sills), also check the lower rear quarters behind the wheels, and
the trunk floor where it meets the rear shroud. (This area is not shown
in your trunk pic.)

My reaction is that this car might need at least a moderate amount of
rot repair and it generally looks cobbled together. If you aren't going
to do all of the work yourself, even $2,000 might not be a very good value.

If the owner truly has over $4,000 in this car, it is a lesson to be
learned. As I said in my earlier email, rot-free cars are out there if
you look for them, and they don't cost a hell of alot of money either.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/