Header Coatings

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header Coatings
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 08:49:17 -0400
I just got my Bugeye header back from Swain Tech Coatings. Of course,
the proof is always in the pudding, but I went with them rather than
"Jet-Hot" because they advertise "at least a 50% reduction in radiant
heat for their "White Lightning" product. I may use them for the big
healey pipes also.

The pipes are an oyster color (silver gray) and the finish is rough
but the appearance is pleasing I think. "Because this is a true
ceramic insulating coating and not a high temperature paint, it is
not available in colors. However, the coating can easily be painted
with a good high temperature paint." It will be several weeks before
I have the car running again so I don't know if the temp. assurances
will pan out, but I am pleased with the uniformity of the coating
application and the overall appearance. "White Lightning is a three
layer permanent coating that is applied approximately .015" thick."

My pipes were slightly rusted with paint flaking off. the pipes were
cleaned up and coated for $150.00.

Anyone have experience with the product?

No financial interest - just a pleased customer - so far.

You can look at the physical appearance of the pipes here:
http://homepage.mac.com/linwoodrose/PhotoAlbum7.html

You can look at Swain's web site here:
www.swaintech.com

Lin Rose