Re: Fwd:- "Make a Difference Day"

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd:- "Make a Difference Day"
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:53:27 -0400
Buster,

Almost in my backyard there is whats left of Marlboro Raceway here in
Maryland.  It was a victim of "development" in that people bought quarter
million dollar houses built on Marlboro's property line and then complained
about the noise!  Don't have to be a rocket scientist to guess who prevailed
in the courts. Most of the actual track is still there but the parking area
and pit area are now a shopping mall.  We were able to watch some of the
greats race there like Dick Thompson, Hall, ect. back in the late 50's and
early 60's. So yes there are "ghost tracks" around all you have to do is look.
Cumberland, Maryland was another airport track that closed in the late 60's
but it has been resurrected now as part of Cumberland Days that they celebrate
every year now.

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 AH Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/