RE: SOS '05 progress NOW SNOW

To: "'KGB'" <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: RE: SOS '05 progress NOW SNOW
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:30:22 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Last winter we got 7ft of snow in 3 days here in Reno.  I was just glad
that we didn't live a little farther up the mountain where they got 20ft
during the same period.  I had a blast driving my TJ with 4 studded snow
tires through the streets with a "bow wave" over the hood.
        Kate is referring to a trip I took last week with my mom in her
Nissan Maxima. We drove the "Loneliest road in America" US 50 across
Nevada, then up 93 to Elko where we had a nice visit with Kate & Gary
and Lamoille Canyon, where the fall colors are second to none. Did you
know the cruise control on those car will hold a steady 110mph, with the
only complaint from mom was it seemed we were going really slow through
the small towns, where I drive under the speed limit.
        I left the next day for the bay area where I bought a sailboat
and have spent the rest of this week getting it ready for the trip back
to Reno. For those who have an interest in boats, for the rest of you.
It is a Pacific Seacraft "Flicka". Think the bug-I of the sailing bunch
for the rest of you.
                Crash

--- from when we got 7 FEET of snow in less than a week

HEY CRASH!  I think Nory needs to see what a REAL snow storm leaves
behind.
Lake effect has nothing on the Sierra Nevada effect.  Just ask the
Donner
party.

BTW, I hope you & your mom made it home safely.  Gary & I really enjoyed
finally meeting you, and I want to adopt your mother.  When we finally
are
able to head west, we will want to take both of you out for a dinner
that I
hope will be as good as the one we had out in Lamoille.

Kate