Re: October 22 - "Make a Difference Day" at Meadowdale Raceway

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "William Thompson" <willy1959@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: October 22 - "Make a Difference Day" at Meadowdale Raceway
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:42:00 -0500
Cc: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
I had hoped to be able to make it to this event, but it doesn't look good
for that now.  I lived in Carpentersville from '55 until '68.  My father
owned the local ambulance service and, therefore, attended a darn good share
of the races there.  Unfortunately, since he was "on duty", he couldn't
bring any of his rug rats along.  I never did get to attend any races there.
Drat!

I remember his stories of seeing a lot of the famous drivers of the era and
meeting quite a few of them.  I especially remember his telling of the
"Monza Wall".  It must have been cool.  It would have been really great to
bring him there to see the track again, but for the last several years he
had been afflicted with Alzheimers, succumbing to it seven weeks ago today.
(Note to self: don't put off doing what you want to do -- you never know
when
it's going to be too late.)

Anyhow, since I most likely won't be able to make it, if anybody from the
list does attend and brings a camera, could you please pass on some photos?
I would certainly like to be able to see what the old man was talking about
so many years ago.

Thanks much,

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."