Re: Fuel Stabilizer - Now Acetone

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Stabilizer - Now Acetone
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:20:43 -0500
Tim, I know that there is a website out there that gives a formula for DIY
octane booster: http://www.team.net/sol/tech/octane_b.html

They cite toluene and xylene as octane boosters.  Since they are paint
thinners and, I believe, acetone can also be used as a paint thinner, maybe
there is something to this.  Any chemistry majors out there?

(BTW, is it time to change your hometown on your signature yet?)

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."