Re: Fuels Stabilizer - Now Acetone

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuels Stabilizer - Now Acetone
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:26:58 -0500
Cc: bmwwxman@gmail.com
I forwarded this thread to a neighbor of mine who is a PhD in organic
chemistry and rebuilds old BMW motorcycles in his barn as well.  (I provide
this as credentials backing up both his brain and his greasy motorhead
fingers).

He read through Dr. LaPointe's information and had this to say:

John:

It would take a six pack to get through all my comments on this.

Never does water boil at 300 degrees except under pressure....unless what is
being referred to as surface tension.  Acetone probably cleans the injectors
enough to make the car run more efficiently and thus improve mileage.  When
the oxygen senors in the sub went off, I put thru a can of Seafoam and
voila.....the light went off and has been off for months....it is amazing
what some cleaning will do.

Soooo, surface tension....if you very slowly heat very pure water
undisturbed on a very smooth surface, you can get it above 212 before it
boils.  Surface tension plays a factor but the real description is the need
to energize a molecule sufficiently for it to escape the surface.....and
went it does, it takes energy from another molecule that wanted to escape
but now must heat again.  If that very pure water was being heated in a
rough surface bowl, you would play hard to get it above 212 because there
are little hot spots to start the

boiling action.   Sooooooo, look at the various distillation

temperatures in that chart and tell me how many engines run at lower
temperatures in the combustion chamber.....so gasoline is basically super
heated as it enters the chamber, a small portion could condense to liquid
with the compression (which is why high test is used in high compression
cars) and it fires while compression is going down thus aiding
volatilization......and good combustion is sustained combustion and not
instant.  The boiling point range for gasoline distillation is another
reason that I find it difficult to swallow the idea that acetone
helps....you have low boilers in gasoline that will go off quickly and in
doing so will actually energize the higher boilers and basically keep a
mixing action.  I guess I am saying, I do not see the acetone making a big
difference as would the t-butyl ether that is in that chart.  The ether has
a low boiling and is oxygenated.  Acetone is a much higher boiling
point....oxygenated true but a different type and I do not really see it
improving things.

So that is a very short version....we can talk more about it sometime.

Frank

<http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/> >http