Re: Fuels Stabilizer - Now Acetone

To: "John.Deikis@med.va.gov" <John.Deikis@med.va.gov>
Subject: Re: Fuels Stabilizer - Now Acetone
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:53:56 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
John,
This is good stuff and his point is well taken. I am still going to try this
out experimentally to see what transpires. It must be the engineer in me,
but I recall that theoretically, the bumble bee is unable to fly.... Placing
good scientific controls on the experiment shouldn't be terribly difficult.
I have no intention of using the "MPG" gadgets that some of these shysters
are peddling but will instead compute the mileage by the old fashioned
method. If improvements like those claimed (up to 35%) are possible it
should be noticeable even with those coarse measurements. As to running a
parallel placebo test, I've already done that for years. We will let the
data speak for itself after a number of tanks full in the Midget while
adding the appropriate measure of acetone. Even if all it does is keep the
carb jets, etc. clean, it may still increase mileage some and as long as it
doesn't hurt something else in the fuel system or engine.........
Cheers!!
Jim - willing to at least try it before condeming it in Dodge City
 P.S. Who's your neighbor? He may be on one of my old BMW lists...
--
1964 R60/2 BMW motorcycle
1968 MKIII MG Midget

I forwarded this thread to a neighbor of mine who is a PhD in organic
chemistry and rebuilds old BMW motorcycles in his barn as well. (I provide
this as credentials backing up both his brain and his greasy motorhead
fingers).