Re: soooon, will be running sooon!! Couple last minute questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: soooon, will be running sooon!! Couple last minute questions
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:30:43 -0600
Hi all
On a hunch, took my torque wrench to the outer row of head nuts, I did get a
heck of a "creak" and maybe 1/4 turn out of the right front (over the
generator, which is where I see most of this seepage). Did get also the second
to the last to do about the same, and I see these off drops on the side of the
block in this area too, I assume they are from the block to head joint also,
as these drops are over the freeze plugs. Decided to pull the valve cover and
retorque them all, had a few of these (I think 2 also) that tightened up some.
So wondering if this will solve the big issue of the head gasket external
coolant leak, time will tell.
Off work next 2 days, first big attempt to start occurs hopefully tomorrow.
Dan