Re: end of driving season

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: end of driving season
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:59:37 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On 11/15/05, b-evans@earthlink.net <b-evans@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I just checked, and we have had 15 earthquakes in California in the past
> 24 hours! Not even enough to wake up for! But fortunately enough to
> keep a lot of people in Iowa's tornadoes, Pennsylvania's blizzards, and
> New Orleans' hurricanes!!!!

 Okay Buster, I have to jump in here. For those that don't know, I'm a
meteorologist and tornado researcher with 40 years in the field.
 1) On average, approx. 10,000 people die each year world wide in
earthquakes.
 2) On average, approx. 90 people die each year world wide in tornadoes.
 3) On average, approx. 9,000 people die each year world wide
struck by lightning.
 4) On average, approx. 5,000 people die each year world wide in
hurricanes and typhoons.
 5) On average, approx. 50,000 people die each year world wide in
automobile accidents.

> In fact, earthquakes cause less annualized
> damage and fewer lives tornadoes, snow storms, or hurricanes.

 You have a source for this statement? I ask because it flies in
the face of the facts above....
 Cheers!!
Jim - he of the inert midget in Dodge City