Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem MORE

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem MORE
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:46:04 -0500
Civic sat in a boo-chilly garage overnight, down below freezing.

This morning battery checked in at just over 12 volts (is that
too high??) and it starts on the first rev and runs happy round and
round the block. Like nothing bad ever happened. I shut it
off but left the door chime ringing while I tried to twist the battery
terminals left and right -- no change, chime kept ringing. So the
battery must be fine. The alternator charged the battery in only
6 miles or so, so the alternator must be fine.  Wot's wrong here??

What happened yesterday was: Civic started fine in the garage.
Motored 6 miles to wife's church to deliver food for recently
bereaved family. Shut off engine, delivered food to church
kitchen, came back out 10 minutes later to DEAD battery.
No start, no door chimes, no buzzers, no radio. NADA.

Jumped battery. Drove 6 miles home. All seems well.

Again, wot th" heck happened.

chuck (tearing out hair by the fistful) ciaffone

BTW - 30 degrees is bloody cold for North Carolina