Re: GM going down, no LBC - Now Vega

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GM going down, no LBC - Now Vega
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:23:04 EST
I recall the almuminum cylnder bored early designs - what were they thinking?
 Has there ever been a successful engine that ran on aluminum cylnder bores -
historically?  Did they have something that they could look at that set some
kind of precident for doing such an unconventional thing?

Reminds me of the era where they were skipping a primer coat to save money on
paint only too see the paint peel off soon after the car was sold.

I confess, due to my desire to buy American I bought a new Chevy truck in
2001.  It now has  70k miles.  It still runs tight and strong and has caused me
little to no trouble.  Something improved somewhere - I think!

Kirk