Re: GM going down, WITH LEC content

To: MICHAEL CARPENTER <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GM going down, WITH LEC content
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:28:56 -0800
Cc: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Paul Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
MICHAEL CARPENTER wrote:

>     Hi Buster,
>     Are you a famous person?  You seem to know alot of famous people.

Am I famous?  Oh, I am shocked!  Amazed!  Hurt!  Why I will have you
know I am known by from one end our of short cul de sac to another.
Well, by at least folks in six of the 10 houses!    All seriousness
aside, if you like people, if you enjoy the thrills and adventures of
life, and if you have been fortunate to have had the varied careers I
have enjoyed, you just get to know a lot of those out in that wonderful
world of people!

As an aside, I would add that as a scholarly historian I realized that
within a two or three generations, most of us will be forgotten by our
descendants.  For that reason, I created a folder on my desktop that I
term "Autobiography".  Now, whenever I s memory floats to the surface, I
write it down, tucking these little vignettes of life into that
"Autobiography" folder.  Some day, in the far and distant future, those
that follow behind me will be able to read them and hopefully have a
better understanding of Robert Bruce Evans.  Some of the yarns of my
Sprite, the people I have know, and the experiences that I have been
able to spin on these Internet lists and groups go directly into that
folder, never to be read again for years to come.  I strongly recommend
that you do your great-great-grandchildren a wonderful favor and do the
same.

(And that reminds me, Ron, I simply MUST find that little epic event
that happened in the alley.  I must have put it in another folder
somewhere!)

Buster Evans