Speaking of Movies

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Speaking of Movies
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:06:24 EST
Flounder wrote:

<Hey... there are no bad Steve McQueen movies.>

Gotta agree with that. A couple years back my favorite McQueen and racing
movie 'Le Mans' was released on DVD and I found it at The Motorsport Collector
which is right near where I live. And we just watched 'The Great Escape' over
the holiday weekend which also stars James Garner who at about the same time as
Le Mans starred in 'Grand Prix'. A couple weeks ago when I checked for the
umpteenth time at Motorsport if 'Grand Prix' had made it to DVD yet (they
pulled
the VHS tape off the market last year which made it sound like the DVD was
about to be released), Paul asked if I had signed the petition yet and gave me
flyer about the site:

http://www.putgrandprixondvd.com/

Don't know if it will really help, but I did sign. And I hope they really do
it up right and include as extra features the interviews with John
Frankenheimer that were done for the late, lamented Speedvision 'Lost Drive-in'
presentation of the film.

So I encourage any listers who appreciate this movie to sign the petition.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA