RE: Speaking of Movies

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[1813ED00:01C5F4EE]
Subject: RE: Speaking of Movies
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:04:58 -0500
Hop-count: 1
Speaking of the movie Grand Prix, I had a chance a couple of years ago
to ask Jackie Stewart about some of the footage used in the movie. It
was actual race footage used in the movie, and showed Stewart's crash.
His fuel tank ruptured and filled the cockpit with fuel (aviation fuel
according to Jackie), which began to burn his skin "and delicate parts",
in his words. He was pulled from the car by a fellow driver (Graham
Hill?) and taken to a nearby barn. He was laid in a hay wagon and his
clothes stripped off to get the fuel soaked clothes away from his skin.
There was no on track rescue at this time, he had to wait for a local
rescue truck to find him. It is here where Jackie claims (remember, this
is Jackie telling the story, so take it as that, he is a great story
teller) a couple of nuns discovered him. He said they were amazed at
what they saw. I said "Oh, a racing driver laying in a hay wagon?" he
said "no, I'm referring to my anatomy."

John Engfehr <><