Bugeye Fender beading question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Bugeye Fender beading question
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:36:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On my Bugeye since the paint has been stripped to the bare metal I
notice that the fender beading is raised slightly from the fender. It
doesn't appear to be loose at all but there's a small gap there that I
don't think will look very nice after the new paint. Was there any type
of sealer in there from the factory? Can I just tap the beading down
some? It appears to be sandwiched between the different fender pieces
before the welding was done.

Any pointers on this would be helpful.

Ben in SC