RE: shop lights

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: shop lights
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:44:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,
Very interesting.  I have six 8' flourescents in my 20' x 40' heated/air
conditioned workshop.  I leave them on all day, even if I'm not in the shop
all day, rather than switch them on and off each time I walk through.  Once
they have been on for a few minutes, the flickering is not noticeable, to
me.  The only problem I have with that much light is that I have to put a
cover over the back of my welding hood, to keep the light out, and allow me
to see what the heck I'm doing, when I weld.
After working "in a frickin CAVE", for so many years (my old un-heated,
poorly lit garage), it's like I've died and gone to heaven each time I walk
into my workshop.  Now, if I could just prevent my "shop cats" from
shedding......
Bud Osbourne