'Nother couple interior questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'Nother couple interior questions
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:40:02 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On my 62 Mk2:
On the "front bulkhead" panel, this being the squarish shaped one directly
under the dash panel, at the front of the transmission tunnel, what holds that
on? I see no evidence of any screw holes in this panel (in the metal). Talked
with Biff a little, he's thinking maybe a bracket may be bonded to this
originally which goes to the side of this box (near the flip open vents) and
attaches with a pair of screws which also help hold the side panels on.
Also, in regards to the carpet, have a hairbrained notion that I might try to
use the snaps that originally held the rubber matting to the floor. Some areas
I'd need to glue down of course. Has anyone ever tried putting the snaps into
a carpet? Seems like it'd be easy for the rubber matting, unsure if I should
even try on carpet.
Dan G