Re: Bugeye Group..... Sprite Editorial Material Wanted

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Sprite Editorial Material Wanted
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:25:01 -0600 reply-type=original {sentby:smtp 24.15.214.89 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
> The Spridget list is unique in that it recognizes that most Midgets
> are re-badged Sprites.  No dig intended it is just a fact.

I will argue with that. Had the Midget come out a year earlier, I would tend
to agree with you, but inasmuch as the car was radically re-designed by both
Austin and MG and the result was simultaneously badged as both Sprite and
Midget, added to the fact that they were all built in the MG factory, I will
not put up with the nonsense that the Midget is a "re-badged Sprite". I will
also toss in that Spridgets are NEVER mistaken for a Heavey Healey, but
frequently are mistaken for an MGB. I just do not understand why we put up
with being split into two groups when it really is one remarkable family of
cars equally denigrated by both MG and Austin-Healey.

David Lieb