Re: Bugeye Group..... Sprite Editorial Material Wanted

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Sprite Editorial Material Wanted
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:09:38 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David Lieb wrote:

>  I just do not understand why we put up with being split into two
> groups when it really is one remarkable family of cars equally
> denigrated by both MG and Austin-Healey.

I have personally found the answer to that question via many meets over
the years.
We are the lowest form of LBC, cheap (sticker price when new) sports cars.
MGBs and TRs cost a bit more so they look down on us and our cheap
little sports cars.
Austin Healey and Morgan owners look down on MGB, TR, and Spridget owners.
Next come the Jaguar owners. They have their nose way up in the air.
They are Jaguar owners and dress accordingly at the meets.

But wait, The Aston Martin group can thumb their noses at all of us
including the Jag owners.
But then the Rolls and Bentley owners brush off the Aston owners.

But what none of those other Brit car owners know is that WE Spridget
owners, the lowest life forms on the Brit car circuit, with our cheap
little sports cars, are the happiest of all of them.
We don't have to dress the part, we don't have to look down on anybody
at any meets, we are all friends and will GIVE a helping hand to another
Spridget owner and NOT expect any form of payment.
I know that's no so if you own a heavy healey.
I also have a builder friend who owns an Aston Martin, he invited a
couple of Spridget owners to the annual Aston Martin Owners Club meet.
It was at that meet that I saw my buddy, a builder just like me, a beer
drinkin, jeans wearin, regular guy turn into a stuck up, well dressed,
wine drinkin, AH at the meet. Introduced us Spridget owners to all his
doctor friends as "members of HIS local club".
So at the Aston rally, WE were asked to start after all the more
powerfull, faster AMs were off. No problem we started the rally after
all those faster Astons and after about 10 minutes of following them,
me, the square body, and the Arkley all past the whole line of AMs and
finished 30 minutes before any of them. (it was a 3 hour rally)
We did not win ofcourse because all the amswers to the questions wer AM
related and we didn't have a clue as to what the number on Joe's mailbox
ment. Apparently it was Dave Brown's date of birth or some crap.

So David, stop worrying about those others.
We already know who owns the best, most fun, cheap to keep sports cars.
And we don't need our own magazine or articles.
We know it all ;) and if some of us don't, just ask THIS LIST.
We will be more than glad to help.
And the only time we have to wear a funky hat is because we want to!

As for which car is the better between Sprites and Midgets....
We all know they are the same but the Sprite sure does look better :)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ