Buying a Real Air Compressor k024mIhs001459

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buying a Real Air Compressor k024mIhs001459
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 23:48:18 -0500
Hello All,

I finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a real air
compressor.  All I have now is a 26 Gal, "5 HP" Home Depot model which
is great for operating a nail gun,  filling up tires and well that's
about it.

I am looking to spend around $850 and want to get the most for my
money.  I would like something powerful enough to use for HVLP
spraying, sanding, and sandblasting, along with the basics.

I was looking online and came across the Ingersoll-Rand Model# SS5l5
at Northern Tools for $799 including shipping.  Seems powerful enough,
60 GAL, 5.0 HP/11.5 Peak, 18.1CFM @ 90PSI/ 15.5CFM @ 135PSI. Just
wondering if anyone had any experience with this compressor and/or
northerntools.com or some other suggestions on compressor Make/Models?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg