Re: In 2006...(Re: In 1951......)

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: In 2006...(Re: In 1951......)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:38:24 EST
In a message dated 1/5/2006 7:15:24 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

Another  who works for a large elevator company has
explained to me that any  government work is multiple times more
expensive due to the specifications  unique to government work. He used
the example that an escalator in any  other installation costs $100,000,
it costs $500,000 for a unit that does  the same thing if it's in a
government building because  everything....everything....must be build to
to unique  specification.

Yep, lots of government work here in the El Paso area, with even more  to
come (30,000 new troops coming to Ft. Bliss) and the requirements are
staggering
for some jobs.  A friend just finished a new building at one of  the
facilities here and was telling us about the interior paint.  The Ft.  Bliss
building
inspector required seven (7!) coats of paint on the interior, and  wanted each
a different color so he could inspect seven times and know for sure  there
were seven coats.  Don't ya love it?

Robert  Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT

Deck us all with Boston Charlie, Walla Walla, Wash, and  Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley, Swaller dollar cauliflower  Alleygaroo!
Don't we know archaic barrel, Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou.
Trolley Molly don't love Harold, Boola Boola Pensacoola  Hullabaloo!