Installing the vinyl liner into a door

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installing the vinyl liner into a door
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:21:21 -0600
Anybody have a good tip or two on getting good results for gluing the vinyl
sheet into the door? I have a MK2, so it's the regular stuff, I don't know if
the ribbed stuff used in the Bugeye is any easier or harder to do. Would like
to avoid wrinkles. I'm thinking on using the same stuff I used to get the
vinyl glued to the dash, which is a "headliner" adhesive, because I don't want
it getting hot and peeling later on. I'm sure there is a technique involved
somehow, but it's hard to even get it into a good position even whithout the
glue!
Dan